HHS 350, Ireland section, is a 3-unit course that fulfills the CHHS International Experience Requirement, SDSU GE Explorations Area B (Social and Behavioral Sciences), Cultural Diversity, and includes a 9-day international experience in Dublin, Ireland!
Lectures from SDSU faculty during the semester-long, ONLINE course will include the following topics:
- historical aspects of international health and human services
- economic development and health and social science
- nutrition in a developing country
- globalization, health, and HIV/AIDS
- ONLINE course throughout Fall 2017 semester
- Students must attend 3 mandatory, in-person pre-departure meetings on the SDSU campus:
Friday, April 21, 12:00-1:30 pm
Friday, April 28, 12:00-1:30 pm
Friday, May 19, 12:00-1:30 pm
- 9-day international field experience: Friday, August 18, 2017 through Saturday, August 26, 2017 (NOTE: most students will depart San Diego on Thursday, August 17, 2017)
9-day field experience in Dublin, Ireland.
Housing & Meals
Students will be housed in one of UCD’s Residence halls.
3 units of SDSU resident credit. This course satisfies SDSU’s GE Explorations Area B (Social and Behavioral Sciences), Cultural Diversity and CHHS International Experience requirements
Estimated program fee: $1,450 based on enrollment of at least 20 students
- Program fee includes accommodation, some meals, in-country transportation, and activities
- Program fee excludes SDSU tuition, mandatory international health insurance (approximately $60), airfare, and personal expenses
Non-refundable program fee due in full in order to hold your space in the class.
NOTE: Program fee payment can be made in Cash, Check or Debit ONLY! Credit cards not accepted at the Cashier’s window
- Applications are now closed.
- Space is given to those that apply to the program first
- **Majors outside of the CHHS are welcome to apply, but priority is given to CHHS majors.
- Students will be notified about application decisions by 4 pm, Friday, March 3rd.
- Students that are accepted into the program will be required to pay the program fee of $1,450 by 4 pm, Friday, March 10th.