Semester-Long Exchange Program Options for PH Students:
The best time to go abroad for a semester is Sophomore year (3rd or 4th semester at SDSU):
- Prep for the major courses PH 101 & PH 290 need to be taken during Freshman year
- Students can choose from a number of SDSU Exchange program in Aztecs Abroad
- Students should speak with the Housing Office EARLY about their plans to study abroad and inquire about the process for requesting a release from their housing commitment/lease for study abroad. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-594-5742
Short-Term Program Options for PH Students:
Short-term programs can be completed over Winter, Summer, or Spring Break as early as Freshman year. Some options include:
- Complete a Volunteer, Service Learning or Internship program for 2 weeks or longer and earn 1 or 3 units of HHS credit.
- International Volunteer HQ is a great option with projects that are relevant for CHHS majors.
Additional Resources & Programs for PH students:
- School of Public Health International Opportunities
- Faculty-led programs: